From courses and hours spent trying to figure out bits of code, I’ve learned that the following are helpful in understanding concepts and code:
1. Seeing a visual explanation of algorithms such as this demonstration of merge sort.
2. Seeing tables with values at every line of the algorithm
3. Running code with “print” statements to see assigned values and how they change throughout the code
4. Seeing code with notations about what’s going on at key lines
5. Watching YouTube videos that explain computer or server architecture, how to set up virtual environments, etc.